Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Red Brick House

My red brick house

The vermilion red of my blood

Smears these walls

I have given them my all

I have held the scaffoldings together with my blood

Screaming into the pillow

Spurring the weeping willow

My pain does not find an utterance

And shatter the glass windows

The whittles and blows that injure me

Must never touch the walls of my house

The venom that is spewed

Must never spatter these walls

My home once made of love

Now bears the blood marks in vermilion red

I’ll give my everything

I’ll give my all

To keep these walls standing

I’ll cut out my heart and give it to you

I’ll bleed to death

And paint these walls red

I’ll not let them discolor



Will you tell me that it will do?

That if take my heart out and bleed to death

If I muffle all my cries

It will do

My home will remain intact

That if I take your blows

And  die a little bit everyday

You won’t go away

And the walls of my home won’t loose their color

No comments: