You'll find me sleeping on the grass
When all go back home
And leave the building
I sneak into their garden patch and sleep
While they are there
One has to stay off the grass
The gardner comes and tends to it
Makes sure there is a green patch on the sundry earth
Uses water, adds in good soil and tends to it
I like to walk on their grass in the morning
When noone is there
And gather in all the dew on my feet
Then if someone comes early
He will notice and holler 'Who is there ?You are not supposed to walk here."
Then he will violently shrug his shoulders ,and warn me to keep off the grass and walk away
I have been here for 5 yrs
Selling snacks outside their building
But nobody knows me
Remembers me
Everyday when they leave I sleep on their well tended grass
Smell their roses
And in the morning I wake up and soak in their dew
I know all about them
I see them,hear them
Sometimes in my sleep
I take their name
I know who got a promotion and got left out
Who was kissing whom in the parking lot
But they don't see that I see them
I am like the shrub in their garden
No but the shrub also gets noticed
And removed in no time
I am forever ignored
How I like to walk on their grass
How I like to pluck their roses
How I like to gather their dew in my feet
How I like to enter their space,
Get a peice of them
When they are not watching.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment