A distant memory
From a far away land
An hour of reckoning
And a time of reconciliation
With your absence
Try as I might
I can't remeber your eyes
And how they flooded with emotions
Your smile
Whether your eyes crinkled when you did
Your smell and your touch
Was it mushy and warm or what
Your voice
Whether it was mellifluous or thunderous
All I can remember is how I felt when you went away
Left in a lurch
Try as might I can't remember you
All I remember is my feeling of being alone
Today if I want to celebrate you
I can only remember the sound of your laughter
Thats the one distinct memory that I still cherish
The others of your morrow I choose to forget
Hope you found peace that deluded you
Hope you found what your were looking for
Happy Birthday Mom.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment