Sunday, December 27, 2009

Freedom and Lonliness

I am stuck in a job I don't like and nobody really close (read boyfriend) to share my life with....
Sounds familiar?Well what to do, this seems to be the lament of our age.Is it just me or I meet very dissatisfied people.... like there is no happiness in life.
I am currently in transit it seems.I seriously want to work in the social sector in children' education .Then I think that I really am on my own and need money to survive .How does it feel when you know that you have to pay the rent,take care of your future health ,your family (if you end up having one) .Thoughts of nobility take a backseat then.
People say being a woman you have an option,you can get married.Really now!
First you live under you father's domination who can turn you out if you don't 'behave yourself' and then you live under your husband's will.
If one is'nt passionate about the current job then sometimes marriage seems like a short escape but at the end you do need to figure out some way of being at peace,finding out something to do,something that works for you.
So you really are alone in life.The whole concept of 'significant other' maybe a myth after all.People change.The one you end up with after 5 yrs may not be the one you married .
So I guess your happiness and bliss too lies within.

There is something emancipating in 'not behaving yourself' and being turned out.You may get a deeper look at what you want to do beacuse you then faced with reality- you are paying your rent,for your food and everything else.The decision you take maybe practical and wiser.You would be investing in yourself -in worst case scenario fending off for yourself or in a better case taking a practical step for yourself.But it feels great to be free doesn't it.Lonely yes but free too.

No comments: